Our digestive tract is the powerhouse of our bodies and plays a critical role in our overall health. Not only is it where our nutrients are absorbed, but it also contains a whopping 75% of our immune cells and more than 30 neurotransmitters. In fact 95% of our body’s serotonin, the feel-good neurotransmitter, is found in our bowels.
If our digestive tracts are not functioning properly it can have a profound affect on our overall health. In addition to localized digestive issues, systemic symptoms can also arise such as: headaches, mental “fogginess”, decreased energy, anxiety, depression, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, autoimmune conditions and asthma. If you are experiencing digestive issues, it’s important to determine the underlying source of your symptoms and actively heal your gut.
A number of factors can negatively affect your digestive health including:
– Food intolerances, sensitivities and allergies
– Prolonged stress and anxiety
– Nutrient deficiencies
– Antibiotic use
– Ant-acid use
This is the approach I take to helping you resolve your digestive issues:
1. Test for any food allergies or sensitivities (IgE & IgG antibody testing)
2. Assess for any parasite, yeast (candida), or bacterial overgrowth in the digestive tract. If present, we will safely remove them using natural methods.
3. Identify if there is inflammation present and resolve it
4. Determine if there is an excess or deficiency of stomach acid and digestive enzymes (required to metabolize food)
5. Replenish your digestive tract with healthy defensive bacteria (flora)
6. Heal the lining of the stomach and digestive tract to prevent future health issues
Following are some of the digestive concerns I treat:
Allergies & Food sensitivities
Gas & Bloating
IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Ulcers (Stomach and Duodenal)
If You Want to Resolve Your Stomach Issues and Feel Good Again then Let’s Get Started!