Maintaining a healthy weight is fundamental to feeling and looking great and preventing disease. We all know this, but it’s not always that simple. Working long hours, traveling for business, eating on the go, juggling a family’s busy schedule, trying to manage stress, and not making time to exercise each day….all of these things can impact our ability to keep our weight in check.
Additionally, there are a number of medical issues that can prevent weight loss. Assessing for these is my starting point. If we don’t treat them first, you won’t be successful in achieving your goals.
– Blood sugar (glucose) imbalances
– Hormone imbalances
– Unmanaged stress
– Adrenal fatigue
– Anxiety and depression
– Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
This is the approach I take to helping you achieve your desired weight:
1. Create achievable short and long-term goals and identify any obstacles. Let’s set you up for success from the get-go!
2. Assess your body’s composition (% fat, lean mass, hydration status, water weight etc) and determine how many calories you will burn at rest and during exercise. This is done through a non-invasive test called Bio-Impedence Analysis.
3. Assess and correct for any underlying hormonal or blood sugar imbalances, adrenal gland and cortisol issues, and any anxiety, stress, or depression
4. Identify any emotional triggers that could be driving your eating habits
5. Design a nutrition & exercise plan that fits into your life and supports your health goals.
6. Provide ongoing support.
If You Want to Safely Lose Weight and Keep It Off then Let’s Get Started!